Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Get Some Where and Sit Down

My Big Mama use to say that.  She was really trying to tell us to stop moving so much, settle in one place for  a minute---peace be still.  I have been telling myself that quiet a bit today.  Here it is,  one year later and I find myself in the same professional mess once again.  I keep asking, how do I get in this same predicament year after year. My mother told me once before, when the dysfunction that surrounds you becomes functional...it's time to go.

With that thought in mind, I am looking for my keys.

But this time, I am not moving until God says move.  The problem is, there is so much noise in my life, I am not sure if I can hear him when he speaks.  The question is, will I know his voice if I hear it? Will he have my attention? Will I hear my voice and think that it is his? Perhaps that is one reason, I find myself here in this place over and over again.  Maybe I should do what God has already told me to do. (That sounds crazy! Of course I should do what God has told me.) Nothing in his plan tells me I need to be where I am today.  I am a square peg trying to make myself fit in a round hole. Which is why I am right here at this same place facing the same ole mess just on a different day.

So now my question is, do I know how to follow?  Can I be obedient? Can I ignore the distractions, overcome the obstacles, walk in faith and find my way? In Big Mamas words, can I get somewhere and sit down?

What I do know is, life is a persistent teacher.  It will repeat the lesson until I learn.

Dang, I'm tired of taking this class.



Simple words I hear from God. Could it be this simple.
1, 2, 3..
Listen to me
4, 5...
You will survive
7,8...
I am God and I can wait.
9, 10...
Let's not go through this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great show today on the learning styles of African American children

No. Really, why can't he Read?